Here are additional tips to remember before completing your DS-160
Save the Confirmation Number
- As soon as you start the application, you will be assigned a DS-160 Number
- Save that DS-160 number.
- And also other names that will help you retrieve the DS-160 information later.
- Once DS-160 is submitted, it can’t be edited.
- For changes, new DS-160 is required
- Complete all the pages, then take a print out and review the details.
- If you have doubts, then clarify it, double check before submitting the form.
1. Completing DS-160
- Please complete the DS-160 on your own.
- Don’t allow your consultant to start the DS-160 or complete them for you.
- You have more problems when someone completes the DS-160 form for you.
2. Speak the Truth
- If you have relatives, then mention them
- If you have a break in your career or school, then let them know.
- Do you have a double degree, then list them.
3. Save the DS160
- Take a backup of DS160 as you complete every page.
- You can restore DS160 later from the backup
4. Reasons for Rejection
- If your visa was denied in the past, you can choose to list the reasons for denial with a single sentence or explain why you think visa was denied.
- There’s really no right or wrong way to answer this.
- In some case, you sponsor listed on I-20 could be a different person for the interview.
- There may be questions around that, but it’s ok to have a different set of sponsors.